Want to gain more experience and skills as well as contribute in the community/city?
“Making It Work” is Serve's summer experiential learning program for a team of youth 17 - 21 years old.
Participants engage in a full-time, six-week program that focuses on leadership development, teamwork, community involvement, and employment preparedness.
Participants earn a living stipend/training allowance.
Over the course of the program, participants work toward:
- Strengthening leadership and life skills
- Building more job skills and experience
- Teamwork and working with diverse people
- Contributing in the community and taking on challenges.
Youth participants engage in guided learning activities through community involvement. They also usually experience an adventure-based challenge and trip outside of the city (one day retreat).
Participants earn a living stipend during the program and receive support for working on goals/personal improvement.
Interested? You must be:
- 17 – 21 years old and motivated/willing to do work, activities and follow instructions
- Able to commute daily to and from program and be on time (mostly downtown activities)
- Available to participate full-time Monday to Friday from approximately 9am until 4:30/5pm over the summer for full 6 weeks. Daily attendance is required.
You will gain:
- Leadership, life and job skills/experience
- Greater self-confidence, assertiveness, and personal awareness
- New connections in the community and knowledge of resources
- Skills for planning and working on your goals
- A bi-weekly living stipend (every two weeks) for consistent and active daily participation. See application form for more details.
DEADLINE TO APPLY is 5pm Tuesday, June 11th, 2013.
Download and complete the application form by clicking on the file below. There is no online submission form for this program. You can e-mail, fax, or drop off your completed application form to our office (details on the application form).
Click here to download application form. (WORD file)
Remember that this is NOT A JOB...This is a program, learning opportunity, and experience!